Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Finding the right dentist can be challenging. At our general dental office, we work with you to determine cost-effective and practical dental treatment options for you and your family. Our goal is to be the best answer to the question, “Where can I find a qualified and highly recommended general dentist near me?”
Why Go to the Dentist?
Regular visits to a general dentist can provide you with added help in managing dental hygiene and health. Your general dentist in Lutz can spot minor problems before they become serious and expensive issues that may require added resources to resolve.
What Does a General Dentist Do?
Traditional or general family dentistry consists of regular examinations, teeth cleaning procedures, and all other services designed to restore the function of your teeth and to protect against cavities and decay. We also provide laser dentistry, mouth guards for sports, night guards for bruxism, bone grafting, oral cancer screening (Identafi), emergency dental care, TMJ/TMD treatment, gingivitis/gum disease.
General Dentistry Services
Our office provides general dentistry services that include the following:
- Tooth repair and replacement for broken or damaged teeth can help you feel more confident in social situations.
- Crowns are metal caps that fit over teeth to provide added structural support.
- Porcelain crowns work like traditional crowns, but look much more like your natural tooth enamel.
- Dental bonding procedures can provide added support for broken and cracked teeth with a tooth-colored fixative material.
- Fillings are usually composed of metal alloys and are used to fill the holes left after decayed parts of your teeth have been removed.
- Composite fillings are closer to your natural tooth color and less obvious to others.
- Porcelain fillings look and feel like part of your natural tooth.
- Designed to fill gaps in your smile, dental bridges can hold one or several replacement teeth and may be permanently attached or removable.
- Laser dentistry can increase the effectiveness of whitening treatments and is also used to remove excess tissue from gums.
- Nitrous oxide sedation is ideal for patients who suffer from anxiety during dental procedures.
- Dental sealants are used to create a solid barrier between your teeth and food debris that can break down tooth enamel over time.
How Often Should You Go to the Dentist?
We recommend that you visit our office at least once a year to ensure the best care for your teeth.
How Much Does a Dentist Visit Cost?
We work hard to keep your dental costs low. In many cases, dental plans will pay for a portion of the cost of your examination and routine care.
How Does a Dentist Clean Teeth?
Your general dentist will examine your teeth and use special tools to scrape away tartar and plaque that could affect the appearance and function of your teeth.
How Long Does a Typical Dental Visit Take?
Depending on how long it has been since your last dental appointment, you may need an hour or more to complete your visit with us. Please allow enough time for an examination, X-rays, teeth cleaning, and any questions you may have about your dental health.
How Do I Prepare for My Dentist Appointment?
Making a list of all the medications you are currently taking and bringing along your dental insurance card can ensure the best care for you in our dental office.